Keilor Hotel Shoot



Earlier last week I got the opportunity to do my first ever paid work! Was tagging along with Ben just to learn and gain some experience but getting a bit of cashola on the side was a bonus. Me and Ben shot the Keilor Hotel where the photos will be used for advertising and promotional purpose such as brochures, menus and on their website. We started shooting outside where it was windy and overcast meaning the clouds constantly covering and opening up made it difficult as we were constantly changing settings. After getting comfortable with the conditions we started getting more consistent shots.


Established 1849



















































Sun came out for the marquee shot which was nice. They are gonna build a Chapel out the back so you can get married after you get blind drunk lol. Here is Ben's handy work, first 2 pages of the menu with a selection of our photos on the second




Also scored free lunch which was the perfect chance to go all out agree? lol Rib eye with garlic prawns ...why not?! Might be shooting closeups of food soon too so stay tuned for that.

Thanks Ben for the gig =]

15 comments:

Ben said...

Nice blog ! this is only a beginning can line up many more jobs with even better steak involved!! :D The photos look tuff shuld be proud, ill have to update my blog and show everyone wat the apocalypse will look like lol.

Harvey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

yes please to more jobs and steak! lol

theee mizzMAI said...

nice work mister! looks pro as... if my work ever needs shots i will put in a good word for you... now that i'm helping run functions we'll have to get the word out there :)

me proud of you. :D

p.b said...

This post has been read by P.B

Trang said...

This post has been read by T.

Dave said...

thats not even funny anymore

Dave said...

wheres the effort?

Trang said...

Hahahha I kid...

This shot is my fav of the bunch... looks good...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1LmEqHhEY4A/StqWbiyyy6I/AAAAAAAAAXk/cLwiRBifsGw/s1600-h/DSC_0609.jpg

Was the rib and garlic prawns any good... sounds like a delicious combination. Let's go eat there.

Oh and I miss you/P.B makes me laugh.

She's like the new GG making everyone angry... at least we know who she is.

When is GG gonna make an appearance on this blog?

Dave said...

thanks trang! steak and prawns is an awesome combo!nicknamed surf and turf. I doubt GG will be on here lol there is nothing to gossip about...

Trang said...

OH MY GOAT!!

We left a comment on each other's blog at the same time.... that means we were unknowingly both typing to one another at the same time...

We're so synced up... if you were a chick, you'd be riding the crimson waves with me right now. Yes you will!!

Dave said...

oh and im making a stand! bs 'this post was read by such and such' will be DELETEEEED muahahahha

Trang said...

LoL!! Just saw your response to me posting P.B style... so hilarious... P.B showed me the

"This text has been sent by D.N. YOU SUCK" SMS... so I knew it would get to you bahahha!!

Trang said...

I don't think P.B cares if you delete her comment.

Post a Comment