HDR


Have been reading up and teaching myself HDR Photography. It stands for High Dynamic Range and involves taking a series of photos at bracketed exposures and combining them. The technique essentially lets you get a photo that covers a larger range of exposures and lets you capture details in shadows and highlighted areas. Here are my first 2 attempts:


Here is the sunset of the same day:

And to give you and idea of what I'm on about these are the three images used to make the HDR shot above:


Underexposed


Normal


Overexposed

The sunset pic was funny. I've been waiting for a cloudy / overcast day so that when the sun sets the rays come through the clouds. I called Liz an hour before sunset if she'd like to come. I was waiting it out at home and when the sun started to set it fell quicker then expected so I grabbed my gear and Liz and raced to the spot. Wasn't completely happy with the conditions mother nature threw at us, the cloud mass in front of the sun was a bit big and too thick for my liking. Will have to give it another go on a better day.

5 comments:

p.b said...

This post has been read by P.B

Trang said...

Cool shots... that's it... next time I see rays coming through clouds I'm calling you... Your camera better be charged.

Oh and you must capture a rainbow at least once for this blog... rainbows are nice =)

Dave said...

yeah I want a rainbow too! just have to wait for the conditions :)

theee mizzMAI said...

this post has been read by mizzmai.

UPDATES!

i like sky. and i like sun. can't wait for summer...

UPDATES!

Trang said...

This post has been re-read by Trangalang.

UPDATES!

Post a Comment