First Attempt at Panning


Got my Tamron 70-300mm Zoom lens recently and went down to Winton Raceway for a drift meet with a couple mates. First one ive attended since the last time I drove at the track, but car is gone now :( We were still prepping the car till 2am so had 2 hours sleep and we left at 4am cos the track is half to NSW so far lol zzzZZzzzz. Panning shots are quite difficult cos as the car is coming down the track your constantly zooming in and out to fill the frame and at the same time you have to jump on the focus ring. But toward the end of the day got some better shots. Practice makes perfect I guess.
















Seeing these pics again makes me miss my car again -___-


4 comments:

Trang said...

What is panning?

Dave said...

oh.. panning is following and shooting a moving subject, trying to keep the moving object in focus. really tricky technique to master!

Kurayami said...

Panning gets even more fun when your exposure time is long and the target's movement is unpredictible resulting in it constantly flying out of your depth of field...

Did i meantion i hate birds?

Trang said...

I hate birds too... diseased flying rats they are.

Post a Comment